Here are our guidelines for the challenge:
1) Drink LOTS of water. Personally, I drink coffee, and as a college student, I don’t plan on giving it up! Lol. But if you’re like me, don’t forget to drink plenty of water everyday too!
2) Keep your hair in low manipulation/ protective styles. Especially if you live in freezing cold areas like myself, you’re going to want to protect your ends from elements.
3) Trim ONLY when needed.
4) DC every 1-2 weeks.
5) Finger detangle as much as possible.
6) Only shampoo the roots of your hair!
7) Moisturize daily, at least the ends of your hair if that’s all that’s needed.
8) Use heat no more than once every 2-3 weeks. I generally go 1-2 months without heat, so it is possible!
9) Post pictures of your hair’s progress on your blog tagging it with “nhdc 2013 challenge,” so I can check you out! I’ll be tracking that tag.
10) Be patient with your hair. :)
Disclaimer: As a part of the challenge, I don’t plan on telling everyone a detailed lists of specific products to use, but if you’re doing the challenge, add these things to the regimen that already works for you! On July 1, 2013, half way through the year, I will open the blog up to a discussion about what worked for some people, what didn’t, and what progress was made in this challenge!
Have a happy new year and a happy challenge! :)